Retrieval and Dissemination of Information
organized in conjuction with
The 21st Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (PCI 2017)
28-30 September, 2017
Christos Skourlas (email@example.com), Technological Educational Institute (TEI) of Athens, Department of Informatics
Nikitas Karanikolas (firstname.lastname@example.org), Technological Educational Institute (TEI) of Athens, Department of Informatics
Eleni Galiotou (email@example.com), Technological Educational Institute (TEI) of Athens, Department of Informatics
As mobile devices are enhanced continuously with more resources, wireless infrastructures provide support to a growing number of specific purpose environments. Advances on sensor technology, wireless environments, Information Retrieval, Personalization, and Content Based Image Retrieval introduce new possibilities in various sectors, realizing the anytime-anywhere access to multimedia information. This Special Session investigates Retrieval and Dissemination of Information (text and image) in various environments. Special attention is given for Secure, Distributed and Wireless specific purpose Environments.
The RDI session aims at providing researchers and professionals with an insight on:
Wireless architectures to enable authorized users to access sensitive information in a secure and transparent manner.
Policy-based architectures utilizing wireless sensor devices, advanced network topologies and software agents.
Applications related to remote monitoring of patients, elderly people, etc.
Evaluation and Integration of Information Retrieval and Personalization techniques.
Text Retrieval, and Content Based Image Retrieval techniques.
Classification based on various techniques e.g. neural network techniques, fuzzy techniques, and its applications.
Paper contributions from the industry, government, business, academia and research are expected.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Security issues in IT applications. Benchmarks and evaluation of the applications
- Specific purpose Wireless architectures
- Agent based architectures. Transparent Information transfer using intelligent agents.
- Authentication and information access and retrieval in ad-hoc networks and self-organized networks
- Policies and policy-based architectures
- Novel methods for Text Retrieval, personalization, and Content Based Image Retrieval and application in specific purpose environments
- Transparent and secure communication in distributed environments
- Advanced remote medical treatment services through pervasive environments- Remote monitoring of patients and elderly people
- Neural network techniques and its applications e.g. SVM based systems that support diagnosis
Publication - Paper formating - Submission
Papers will be published in ICPS Series, published by ACM and included in the ACM Digital Library.
Papers should be at most 6 pages in length.
RDI papers must be submitted to the EasyChair submission platform following the same submission and formatting guidelines as all other PCI 2017 submissions.
The submissions should be typeset using the templates of the ACM International Conference Proceedings Series (ICPS).
The templates could be retrieved from here.
EasyChair submission platform is here.
Make sure to select the correct category "Retrieval & Dissemination of Information".
|Full length paper submission:|| |
till Friday, July 14, 2017
|Notification of decision: ||TBA|
RDI 2016 Programm Committee (under construction, to be confirmed)
- Ioannis Chalaris, TEI of Athens
- Dimitris Dervos, ATEI of Thessaloniki
- Vassilis Kaburlasos, TEI of Kavala
- Thedore Kalamboukis, AUEB
- Anastasios Kesidis, TEI of Athens
- Christos Koilias, TEI of Athens
- Gérard Ligozat, Em. Professor, Université Paris-Sud (XI)
- Vassilios Mamalis, TEI of Athens
- Catherine Marinagi, TEI of Chalkis
- José Francisco Aldana Montes, University of Malaga, Spain
- George Paliouras, NHRF “Demokritos”
- Grammati Pantziou, TEI of Athens
- Stelios Papadakis , TEI of Crete
- Demosthenis Stamatis , TEI of Thessaloniki
- Vasilis Tampakas, TEI of Patras
- Michael Vassilakopoulos , University of Central Greece